Scheduled services is a module of PetExec that is very customizable and allows you to schedule appointments for services that fall outside of daycare, boarding, grooming, and group training. When using scheduled services for these types of appointments, you have the option to assign an appointment to a specific employee. Scheduled service appointments have to be "signed in" in order to be added to the pets shopping cart and included at checkout. Dog walks, transportation and one-on-one training are examples of services that work well with the Scheduled Services module of PetExec.
To schedule an appointment for a pet, you have a few options. All of these options will direct you to the same Add Appointment screen:
- From the main menu, select Scheduled Services --> Add Appointment, search for the pet, and click on the Select button.
- From the pet's menu, select Schedule a Scheduled Service.
- From the scheduled services dashboard, click on the Add Service button, search for the pet, and click on the Select button.
Regardless of how you get there, you will arrive at the Add Scheduled Service page.
Step 1: Pet Information/Select A Pet. At the add scheduled service screen you have access to the following pet information:
- Pet Notes. Any notes added to the Pet Record and identified as "scheduled services", "behavioral" and "grooming" will be displayed here. (Visibility to grooming notes will go away in a future release, so we do not recommend using those for this module.)
- Pet Advisories.
- Associated pets will show all pets for an owner, you can add the additional pets by clicking the relevant check box.
- Pet Vaccinations.
Step 2: Select the Services.
- Select a service type.
- You can use the filter option to narrow down your services.
- Check the box to schedule the relevant service(s). You can change the quantity and the unit price if needed. If you are adding scheduled services for the length of a boarding stay, we recommend that you leave the quantity at 1 and select the appropriate dates in the following step.
Step 3: Select Schedule Date/Date Range:
- Selected date for a one time event.
- Custom repeating will allow you to create recurring events (i.e. every 2 weeks for the next 8 weeks).
- Selected date during date range will allow you to create recurring events (i.e. an event each day for the length of a boarding stay).
Step 4: Appointment Details
- Select a scheduled time, duration, and duration units (minutes, hours, days, weeks).
- You have the option to assign an employee to the appointment. (This is useful if you assign duties by employee.)
- Notes added here will appear on the Scheduled Service dashboard and Scheduled Services Schedule report.
- Click the Make Appointment button to schedule the appointment.
At the bottom of the screen you will see a summary of scheduled service appointments for the Selected Date.