To perform a credit card refund in PetExec:
Begin in the pet owners purchase history. From the owner menu-->purchase history.
Click on the order ID for the order you want to refund, it is always best to perform a refund against the original order. To refund back to a credit card, you must have an existing order with a credit card transaction.
From the next page, click the Apply Refund button:
On the owner refund screen:
- Select the product/service you want to refund. A partial amount can be refunded by adjusting the amounts and a void is only valid for the total amount. When the price is changed here, the total refund amount is updated below.
- Make sure the "Refund to CardPointe”, "First Data", “Braintree”, or "Bambora" button is selected. This will ensure the refund goes back on the credit card.
- Select Payment Type = "Credit"
- Confirm refund amount. This amount comes from the total of the services selected above.
- Add a note to the refund order. For future reference, we recommend adding a detailed note about why the refund was needed.
- Click Process Refund. This will create a separate refund order in the pet owner’s purchase history.
To refund money back to a pet owner's credit card, you must have an order with a successful credit card payment processed. If the original order or payment is not in PetExec (i.e. the order or payment history was deleted), you may need to issue the refund directly in your payment processing terminal.
You cannot perform a refund for more than the original amount processed in the credit card payment order.
It may take 3-4 business days for a pet owner to see a credit card refund on their account.
If a credit card transaction is processed, and then refunded the same day for the full amount, it will be processed as a VOID and the pet owner will not see the original transaction or the refund transaction on their account.